Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Point Is

What exactly IS the whole point of a Christ follower's life?

I've asked myself that question so much lately.

I definitely DO NOT want to grieve the Holy Spirit. I want Him in everything I do.
So what's the point of it all?

Gracefully, I tread through the mundane chores and expectations of everyday life. I desire the latest fashions, change my hairstyle to go with the flow, drive here and there, fix this and that, talk to him and her. I look for Jesus in everyone's face, pray that I can be vessel used for His glory, and just hope that someday--somewhere--somehow--He will use me in a mighty way. It's hard, folks....HARD to be a Christ follower. There are so many expectations and rules that we "must" follow in order to be perfect enough to be scrutinized. If our lives aren't under microscopes, then we aren't truly living for Him. If we make a wrong choice, say a harsh word, or give an irrational excuse for actions, then we are considered a fraud.
And the point is?

My point is, I can do nothing more than what I am doing right now. I HAVE to listen to Him. As far as I'm concerned, there's no other choice. I want to feel as though I am able to just go with the flow. If He tells me to go somewhere, I'll pack up and go.

Life is most definitely too short to be lukewarm. I want to someday stand before my Father and not have to explain to Him why I never laid down my life and picked up my cross. I don't want to stand ashamed....wishing I would have JUST LISTENED to the sweet nudging of the Spirit.

I want to feed the homeless, give money to those in need, provide a safe haven for family and friends where ALL feel welcome to just come hang out, and be a friend that knows when to be silent and when to speak. I refuse to waste my time worrying about petty "religious" hangups, like who is right or wrong when it comes to today's Church. I may not always agree, but it's not for me to stress about.
Each day brings stress of its own--no need for me to go out and look for trouble.

~If you know you're loved by the King, then live for Him.

That's the point.

post signature

1 comments:

Riddle me Tif said...

Looks like you've posted about as recently as I have. My live always seems to bring me back to a place where I need to write about it...need to share about it. So thought I'd stop by, since you were the only one I "followed", and know who blogs. Also wondering how your endeavors are turning out ;-) Love your words of wisdom....Tif