There are so many times during the day that I feel like the Little Engine That Could...chugging right along down the track when suddenly I come up to a hill......no.......a mountain! I have to put all of my effort and engine power into climbing that mountain.
One little bitty step at a time.
All the while I have to keep telling myself that I CAN conquer it. I do find myself having to repeat that over and over at times just to keep my momentum going. I can see the peak--I'm almost there.
Today, we show our house for the 7th time (not counting the open house last month). To me, that just doesn't seem like enough lookers. Granted, the market is supposedly super slow right now, but I just don't believe that's the way it has to be for us. Some would say we are foolish for hoping for a quick sale. This is my mountain. I feel like it is taking all of my faith, breath, hope, prayers, etc. to get this house sold. I constantly say we are not in a hurry to sell, but I sure am in a hurry to get into my new house. I haven't, even for a single moment, thought that this wasn't the right choice. We are definitely on the right track. We're making headway, I can tell. The right buyers are just at the top of this mountain--I can faintly see them. Yes, there is a light at the end of this tunnel.
I have to stay firm, continue to push forward, give my little engine a good talking-to about not running out of power, and it will somehow work out. I know it will. I am confident in His Word that it will. I want to make sure I keep my eyes focused on Him. Just a little bit of the mountain left to conquer. I think I can, I think I can....
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4


0 comments:
Post a Comment